YELLOW CUCUMBER MUTTON CURRY
- Dosa kaya-2pcs
- Green chillies-3pcs
- Red chilli powder-2tsp
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-3tsp
- Bay leaves-2pcs
- Coriander leaves-1 small bunch
- Blended ricebran oil & sunflower oil- 2tbsp
- Mutton has to be thoroughly cleaned under free flowing water and any excess fat on the meat has to be removed, if mutton is not cleaned 2-3 times it would smell and make the curry smell weird so cleaning to properly make a lot of sense.
- If the mutton pieces are in very big size cut them in to medium size pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Take a pressure pan heat it on the stove and pour four spoons of oil in it and add 2 bay leaves , chopped onions, chopped green chilies and fry it till it changes to golden brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry them for 3 minutes stirring them with a stirrer this process is to substantiate the ginger garlic smell.
- Put the mutton pieces in the pan and cook them covered by a lid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid add salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chili powder mix them well and cook it for 5 minutes mixing all the ingredients properly.
- Add 2 cups of water (200 ml) and close the cooking pan with lid and fix the whistle on the cooking pan.
- After 10 whistles turn off the flame and allow the pressure to leave the cooking pan.
- Once there is no pressure remove the whistle and the lid covering the cooking pan.
- Turn on the flame and add the chopped dosa kaya pieces and cook till the drumsticks are cooked properly (15 minutes).
- Turn on the flame and start cooking on medium flame then mutton stars oozing out oil then add garam masala , coriander leaves and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and move the dosa kaya mutton curry from the cooking pan into a serving bowl and serve hot.